Samuel A. Ramirez & Co., Inc.
”) is a full service securities firm serving the investment needs of individuals, business owners, institutional investors and government agencies. Founded in 1971, Ramirez offers professional services focusing on Wealth Management, Underwriting, Banking, Institutional Brokerage, and Asset Management. Ramirez provides retail and institutional trading expertise in Municipal Bonds, Equities,and severe taxable fixed income securities, including Government Bonds, Agency Bonds and Corporate Bonds.
The Firm has six main divisions:
Private Client Services, Municipal Bonds, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Institutional Equity & Taxable Fixed Income
The Private Client Services Group
provides a 40 year track record in portfolio management, retirement planning, financial and estate planning for individuals, business owners, corporations and institutions. The group offers an array of investment disciplines including equity and fixed income, diversification strategies, insurance and alternative investments. Ramirez has an impressive performance track record in several fixed income, tax exempt, taxable and equity strategies.
The Municipal Bond Department
provides banking, underwriting, sales, trading and distribution services to states, local governments and their agencies throughout the United States.
The Equity Capital Markets Group
- Ranked 10th nationally in 2012 (full credit to each manager) as a managing underwriter
- Participated in over 25% of all negotiated bond transaction in 2012
- Book runner for $1.6B in 2011 and $2.5B in 2012
- One of the largest Sales and Trading Desks in the US, with 7 dedicated traders
offers banking, underwriting and financial strategies services to corporations, public retirement programs and to some of the nation's largest professional money managers. The Firm's equity underwritings include spin-offs, private equity sponsored transactions, equity recapitalizations by financial institutions and traditional IPOs.
The Debt Capital Markets Group
- Co-manager or underwriter in eight of the ten largest U.S. equity new issue transactions
- Participated in approximately 85 equity transaction since 2007 for 270B.
- The Firm's equity underwritings include spin-offs, private equity sponsored transactions, equity recapitalizations by financial institutions and traditional IPOs
offers underwriting of fixed income securities including corporate bonds, convertible bonds, asset backed securities, preferred stock and US Agency notes for a unique investor base. Ramirez is a book runner and co-manager of debt in the traditional corporate bond market, the retail targeted hybrid and trust preferred market, the tax exempt market (for select corporations),master limited partnerships (MPLS) and is a member of the selling group for the major U.S. Agencies.
Since 2007, Ramirez has participated in new issue corporate debt transactions totaling over $575B for a total of 375 issues.
- Book-runner or Co-manager of debt in the traditional corporate bond market, the retail targeted hybrid and preferred market, the tax exempt market (for select corporations),and the US Agency market
- Since 2010,Ramirez & Co has been a Book-runner of 8 corporate transactions for 6 issuers, with the largest being $800M for GECC.
The Institutional Equity Group is an experienced team of equity sales & trading professionals that offer performance enhancing products and services with "Agency Only"/non-conflicting trade execution for institutions, corporations, pension funds and government agencies.
Share Repurchase team for our Corporate accounts
- All trading is executed on our FIX compliant New York desk
- Equity execution in listed, OTC and International Markets
- A suite of sophisticated & unique algorithm trading strategies
- Program/basket trading
- Sales & trading team averaging over 25 years of industry experience to handle orders on a manual basis
The Taxable Fixed Income Group offers our institutional and high-net-worth retail client base access to new issues as well as secondary trading in corporate bonds, U.S. agency securities, $25-preferreds, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, convertible bonds and taxable municipals/BABs.
- Engaged in approximately 70 share repurchase assignments over the past five years for 15 clients
- 141M shares traded over 5 years
- Client base primarily consists of Fortune 100 companies with many having engaged Ramirez for multiple assignments
- Every share repurchase is handled by a senior equity professional and makes use of our algorithmic trading group
Group Highlights Large Sales & Traders Desk
Our main office is located in New York with branch locations in Austin, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, Orlando, San Antonio, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Averaging over 16 years of industry experience
- Our account base consists of over 200 institutional clients encompassing a nationally ranked Tier I,II & III accounts
- Debt Capital Markets Group allows investors to gain access to the primary market
- A senior manager in many negotiated and competitive taxable municipal issues and an active market maker